Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Get Away From Me, Santa



When I got Sweet Pea's second-ever Santa picture in the mail today, it made me laugh. She looks like she's about to cry! But believe me, she WAS crying when it was being taken.

My sister told me if was going to be rough with an almost-2-year-old but I didn't quite believe her. Tia was fine on the way pictures, we even asked her if she wanted to get her picture taken with Santa and she said, "Yeah!" So after lunch and a nice long nap, we went.

But as soon as she saw this big strange guy in a bright red suit, she became Super Clingy Baby and I couldn't undo her arms and her legs from around my neck and body at the same time. She wanted nothing to do with even LOOKING at Santa, let alone sitting on his lap! So I had to sit on this tiny little stool that they use for parents of the 'problem kids' that's wedged IN BETWEEN Santa and the tree. Yes, look again, there's not much space there. So Sweet Pea is sitting on MY lap and I'm pushing her forward while she's trying to back-bend back toward me (you can see my knee). So it looks like she's kind of sitting on his lap, but not having any fun. He also couldn't look at her otherwise she would start crying! At least she wasn't screaming.

Merry Christmas from Sweet Pea!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Sweet Pea looks great! Santa looks kind of pissed though. Ah, memories!

Colleen said...

Santa looks like he's dead... and propped up for pictures... Sweet pea is cutie tho :)

Kristin said...

hahah David and I were watching a kid crying on Santa's lap the other day, and David said "why do we make our kids do this? They cry because they have an innate sense its wrong to sit on a strange man's lap." So very true. Sweet Pea looks darling in this pic, but Colleen is right that Santa looks deaD!

Sue said...

I know, Santa looks weird, like he's spaced out, but seriously, he could not even LOOK at her, otherwise she would start screaming! He had to ignore her and that's when they snapped the picture. What fun!

danielskiffington said...

Haha that is so funny. I had no idea that you were holding her. Santa does look kind of creepy.