Sunday, February 22, 2009

Bad idea

Why is it, that when you think to yourself "This is a bad idea" you usually go ahead and do it anyway, because you think you'll remember to somehow prevent the inevitable stupid thing from happening?

I thought that when I put my still half-full to-go coffee mug in my purse, in between Sweet Pea's bottle and her sippy cup, which usually stay nicely tucked in on either side of my wallet. I didn't want to have to make more than one trip up from the garage with Sweet Pea, her diaper bag, a shopping bag, my purse and my coffee mug. Lazy mom!

In the few minutes it took me to get upstairs, put everything down and change Sweet Pea's diaper, the entire mug had spilled into my purse and I didn't notice until I lifted it off the counter, where it left a small pool, and it dripped across the kitchen to the other counter, where I set it on top of the Sunday paper, and was now soaking through to the Sports section.

I was about to explode when Ian offered to rinse off the contents of my purse and set them out to dry on the counter.



Then he rinsed off the lining of my purse and hung it over the railing on the deck.



This is less disastrous than the time I left the coffee mug standing on the floor in the back of my new car then backed out of the driveway. I remember thinking at that time too, "This is a bad idea." But I did it anyway.

My conclusion: I need a new purse.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Heck yes! Get a new purse.....and a big ol' LID for your coffee cup! Although I know moms and multi-tasking are just a way of life.