Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I Hate Hearing These



One was issued out of Kittatas County with two toddler boys, 2 and 3-years-old. When I heard it, I got a pit in my stomach. When I had to put my voice on the story, I felt like I could start crying.

What also pained me was that we first got the report an HOUR before the offical Alert was issued by the state, because the small town of Kittitas is not 'connected' to the national Amber Alert system. How far did that white 98 Ford Explorer get in one hour while the local police were deciding how to get the information out? Did that SUV drive by someone who might have reported it, if they knew police were looking for it?

I don't know the circumstances of the story, if the mom accused of stealing her boys is a bad woman or a good woman, if she means them harm or not, but still, I'm scared for those kids.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I always feel sad when I hear these stories as well, and worry about those poor helpless children. I hope they are found safely.