Monday, June 23, 2008

Another Mom thing


This is one of Sweet Pea's shirts that ripped from neck to armhole when I tried to pull it over her huge babyhead. In my ongoing attempt to become a real mom, I was forced to SEW. I put it off for days, hoping that somehow it would magically fix itself or not look that bad not fixed, but no such luck. It came out looking quite hacked, as I only had red thread for her hot pink shirt (which makes it double-hacked), and the huge stiches look like I used a Fisher Price sewing kit. But miraculously, it held together after her first try-on/run-around/drool-on/put-in-dirty-pile. Next, cooking.

4 comments:

Dan-Eric Slocum said...

You are a good Mommy!!!!

I remember your final days before Tia's birth. I was so dang freaked-out that you were going to have her right there in the studio!

Lisa said...

It's cute!!! You did a fine job! Who says you have to be a perfect seamstress to be an awesome mom? (Can't wait to hear about the cooking!)

Colleen said...

You're so great! I can help with the cooking... I love cooking. And all of my recipes are quick and easy. Shazam!

Kristin said...

I love this pictures, just one of the joys of motherhood. It's so wonderful you get to spend more time with Tia now, she's such a beautiful baby.