Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Friends in NY

I almost forgot to post these pictures of friends I saw while I was in NY. This is Darren. Radio peeps will recognize him as our very-much-missed former Morning Editor. He is now at ABC Radio. This is with his new girlfriend Jenni. She's a physical therapist and works on people who perform on Broadway. Darren's a little grayer but still the same fun-loving guy!

This is Bill and his 7-year-old daughter Claire. Bill used to be the Afternoon Editor. He looks great--he lost like 20 pounds! He seemed like a bear at work, but he's more like a teddy bear. He sent me out on my very first story and taught me how to "calm down and report what I see." We really miss him at work a bunch too.


This is my friend Rima and her new baby Chloe. Rima was the first person I talked to at new student orientation at the UW in 1990. We've been friends ever since.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Seeing Bill Z really sends me back. He was also a big help during my time as an intern. Always encouraging me and giving me great advice. He DOES look great. Jeez. And I've never seen his daughter before. Cutie!!

Lisa said...

It's so nice to see Darren and Bill are doing so well. I wish them both all the happiness and success in the world. Thanks for posting these.