Thursday, September 25, 2008

Disconnected from the outside world



This is where my cell phone SHOULD be, plugged into its charger, but at 10:30 last night I realized that I didn't know where my phone was. Hmmm...when was the last time I used it?...it was at the dance studio teaching CardioFunk...uh oh....sinking feeling...200 cell phone numbers lost...husband berating me for not watching valuables closer...ugh. The studio doesn't open again until tonight's classes, so I'll just have to wait to check there. But more than 19 hours without a cell phone...? Wha, wha?

Today, the feeling is one of being in a cave with no communication with the outside world, except by email. And I am with Sweet Pea. What if something happened and I needed to call 9-1-1? What if a choreography client is trying to reach me? What if my mom calls? I'm f****d, that's what.

Another good argument for a land line, Consumerman.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Ahhh that's a scary feeling! I hope you find it!

danielskiffington said...

I hate that. I accidentally jumped into a pool with my cell phone earlier this summer. As much as I tried, I couldn't get it to work. I went more than a week before I finally got a new one.

Dan-Eric Slocum said...

It's so strange that you bring this up today-- because I just thought-- what if I lost this. It's got SO MUCH information on it. What would I do?

Then I thought-- well most of that is online-- and I could change the password to prevent access. It's not actually stored on the iPhone. And all my numbers are backed up.

Whew. Did you find it??????

Colleen said...

Or just calm the eff down! Haha. I've been without my phone for a long period of time too. It used to freak me out and make me panic, but after spending 6 weeks in Europe with no phone (except for the occasional phone card call) I calmed down. Oh... I also didn't have steady internet. Needless to say Europe brought me back down to Earth, but I do hope you find yours :)

Sue said...

I did find it! Someone at the dance studio picked it up. Thank goodness!