Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What my mom thinks of the new President



My mom lives in the great state of Alaska. We talk by phone about once or twice a week. Right now she's on a trip to Juneau visiting my cousin and she was traveling on Election Day. This morning, I asked her if she knew who the new President was. In a disappointed voice she told me that 'that guy' probably supports abortion and illegal immigrants and that she 'doesn't know what's going to happen now' because he 'doesn't have a lot of experience.' I held my tongue about Sarah Palin.

She also told me that she prayed to God about her vote, that if God knew who the best person was, to let him win.

1 comment:

Contact Travis said...

my mom actually confessed to me she voted for Obama!!! I was thrilled out of my mind. It took some time, but she came around...maybe he'll win your mom over too :)