Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Too much to do, still not enough time


How is it that I can't seem to get anything done?

I mean, I don't work and yet, I haven't found time to do something as simple as water the plants. I have these lists I keep, in the bathroom, in my closet, next to my bed, in my purse...wherever and whenever I think of something that has to be done....call the repairman, pay the cable bill, e-mail a friend on her birthday, etc. If it's not written down, it doesn't get done. But more often lately, it's like I wake up the next day and forget to look at the lists. I forget about them and therefore, everything on them, because new lists of things to do materialize every day.

When I was working full-time I got more of the 'list-type' things done. Maybe because I had to squeeze it all into 24 hours, whereas now, 'tomorrow' is always a possibility. I feel like I am time-management-challenged, like I need a refresher course or something. Like I once knew how to juggle all this stuff, but now have become lousy at it.

Or I may just be getting old.

Notice in the picture that I'm still referring to a list in my day planner from LAST month. That's how I feel all the time.

4 comments:

Dan-Eric Slocum said...

I'm a list NUT.

AND I procrastinate, terribly. I have to be DRAGGED to a deadline.

BUT. I never miss a deadline. Strange.

Contact Travis said...

yup, I am a deadliner too. and a total lister...we have a HUGE dry erase board in the kitchen and I require that both of us list our weekly schedules on it..plus there's a place for notes, for grocery lists, for long term lists, for etc etc. its ridiculous.

Sue said...

Hmmm...a dry erase board..maybe I should try that. Does it actually work for you? I keep misplacing my random notes!

Lisa said...

I live by myself and don't do lists anymore. And everything that's important gets done. Eventually.

That being said, it's a totally different ball game when it's the three of you.

If everything DOESN'T get done....is it really so bad?