Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Watching the baby watch the baby


I felt like I needed to take Tia somewhere today, except it was foggy and cold out so we stayed inside. I asked her if she wanted to 'go to the store' and 'go out' but she said she wanted to 'stay home.'

So I just watched her take care of her baby for awhile, carry the baby carseat around, change her pretend diaper and tuck her baby in with a blankie. We 'laid down in dada's bed' and read her 'first words' book. She sat in my lap and I smelled her head and chubby cheeks.

We didn't really do anything today, but I felt like they were the most important moments ever.

4 comments:

Dan-Eric Slocum said...

So precious. Treasure the moments because time moves so quickly. Soon, Tia will be asking for the car keys.

Contact Travis said...

this really moves me.

Kristin said...

So fantastic you get to spend that quality time with her. Both of you will remember those moments forever.

Lisa said...

You're so lucky. That sounds wonderful.