Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"It's easy"



This isn't exactly what the .html from my website looks like, but it might as well. See, I was asking my web guy if there's any way he could show me how to do simple updates to my own website (since it takes him quite a long time and I have to keep pestering him), and of course he said, "Sure," followed by the dreaded, "it's easy." Two hours later, he was still showing me how to "make sure you don't screw up the code when you add a picture" and how I "shouldn't touch any of this over here" but it should be "easy."

It's been two days since I tried to go to where my site is hosted, download content files, save them to my computer, edit them without screwing anything up, and upload them back to the hosting site to update my site. I am not anywhere near completing that list of tasks. And as you may have guessed, none of it is "easy."

That's why I hired a web guy! Now I need a new one.

2 comments:

Dan-Eric Slocum said...

Sue, I love this story.

I hired Colleen's brother-- who's done a great job getting my professional site together. I, on the other hand, have totally fallen down on the job and procrastinated on all of the content I'm supposed to send him.

Kristin said...

I hate HTML, it looks like a foreign language. Too bad you can't have an easy-editable website like our blogs, where you can add pictures and edit content without dealing with HTML. I think you can do that in some editors like Dreamweaver.