Wednesday, August 20, 2008

No nap


After working full-time all week last week, Sweet Pea's sleep deficit exploded all over the house a few days ago. See, when she goes to daycare, I'm never sure if she gets a nap because she's so excited to be around other kids, and if they aren't sleeping, she doesn't want to sleep, even though she's exhausted. Only she doesn't know she's exhausted. I don't know if you've ever been forced to stay in a room with a tired toddler, but everything makes them cry. And not just weep, I mean, full-on screaming cry. Dropped your ba-ba? Cry like someone's stabbing you in the leg. Bumped your head on the table? Scream like mom's abandoning you on purpose. Can't get your shoe on your fat, little foot? The world is ending and you need to shriek as loud as possible.

Thank god she's asleep right now.

4 comments:

Contact Travis said...

that sounds like ME when I havent slept ;)

Im glad she's alseep...hopefully she'll catch up and things can quiet down (even just a little)

that picture makes me wanna cry with her

Kristin said...

Wow that picture totally sums up a crying toddler! It's sorta funny cause they think the world is ending over the tiniest thing, but its not funny to be around and try to control your temper!!

good luck with that!

No, I'm not Sue damiit! said...

That picture's hilarious!

Lisa said...

Oh sweetie! I can only begin to imagine what you must feel like. And what a cute photo. Of course, there's no SOUND with it....but use this one when the boys start to come over to the house!!!

I'm glad she's sleeping now.