Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Time? What time?



I'm working full-time this week, so Sweet Pea is in daycare full-time too. I can barely get us out the door on time in the morning---AFTER I make lunch for Ian, feed Sweet Pea breakfast, pack her snack bag, coat her in 45 SPF, make sure she has her sunhat, her baby and her binkie and finally get her strapped into her carseat while she's doing little backbends and flailing her arms...then I rush home to make dinner, clean up a little and put her to bed at night. That's it. No time to attempt to do things on my list-of-things-to-do. Only time to squeeze in domestic chores: pay bills, buy groceries or do any laundry. Really, I feel like when I'm working full-time, that's all I have time for. Take care of family, work, take care of family, go to bed. How do working moms do it???

7 comments:

Contact Travis said...

I dont even have a new baby...just a new puppy...and I feel the same way.

You working moms are truly wonder women in my book!

Dan-Eric Slocum said...

I love that I get to spend time with you. It's been a blast.

Kristin said...

We do appreciate having you here, but I'm sure Sweet Pea likes it more when you are home :) I'm so glad that you can usually be home with her! You are lucky and so is she.

Lisa said...

Wow. I feel bad for taking vacation!!!

Sue said...

Actually it's a nice BREAK coming back to work! haha So I'm glad I get to fill in for you, Lisa. I miss you guys!

Colleen said...

The working mother is heavily studied in the area of women's studies. It's a concern because, as some theories go, husbands aren't picking up the slack when women make the transition from home-with-kid to working mom, thus leaving them with two jobs. It's not fair and needs to change for the health of the working mother and the family.

I have reading materials on it if you're interested :)

No, I'm not Sue damiit! said...

Try working FULL-TIME, ALL OF THE TIME, having TWO kids (three if you count JOE) training in the MORNING, AFTERNOON and at NIGHT (while my sister yells "Do it again- and this time MORE ENERGY!) cleaning house, doing laundry, do the grocery shopping, planning for EVERY kid thing known to man- well at least to 7 and 12 year olds- AND dealing with all their daily problems....you think YOU got it bad?! Think AGAIN sister...